These crispy veggie zucchini cauliflower fritters are meat-free and a healthy addition to any meal. You need just four ingredients (minus the spices). You can also make an ‘egg-free’ version of these by substituting the coconut flour with all-purpose or gluten free flour and omitting the eggs.
Scroll down to watch the video of them being made!
What’s in them…
1/2 head cauliflower (approximately 3 cups, chopped)
2 medium zucchini
1/4 cup coconut flour (substitute with all-purpose or gluten free flour if you plan on omitting the eggs)
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
How to make them…
1. Grate the zucchini in a food processor.
2. Steam the cauliflower for about 5 minutes until just fork tender.
3. Add the cauliflower to the food processor and process until broken down into small chunks. Do not over process or it will become a mash.
4. Use a dishtowel or nut milk bag to squeeze as much moisture as possible out of the grated veggies.
5. Transfer to a bowl and add the flour of choice, egg (if using), salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like.
6. Mix to thoroughly combine. Shape into small patties (I got about 8). Heat up 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large pan.
7. Add 4 fritters to the pan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with the second half of the fritters. Serve with dipping sauce of choice.
These fritters should be refrigerated and can be freezed.
Share below if you like this 🙂